Please join us at Nanaimo Regional Hospital for our annual Light the Trees Event!
Help us Kick Off the Holidays!
You’re invited to join us for a family-friendly event outside the main entrance to the hospital when we will flip the switch and Light the Trees! Our displays will include ornaments and decorations sent in by our generous donors, in addition to the wonderful lights.
Bring the kids!
- Join us for music, children’s activities, a toy drive – and a visit by Santa himself!
- We will be serving hot chocolate and other holiday treats, care of Code Brew Café.
- There will be a donation station for those who want to make their holiday gift in person.
- You can hang your ornament with your message of hope and support for patients and our medical team on the Giving Tree outside the Foundation office.
- The Wave 102.3fm will be live-on-location.
- Drive-through donation station will be available for you to make a donation in person.
Lights go on at 5pm
- A huge thank you to the Wenner Group for lighting the hospital!
Check out last year’s 2022 celebrations
Our community deserves the very best care. And you helped!
We are so excited to announce that over the course of our Light the Trees Fundraiser during November and December, 2022, we raised $1.3 Million for various areas of the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital! The majority of donations will go toward the purchase of all state-of-the-art medical equipment for our future High Acuity Unit in the Intensive Care Unit. We also generated over $140,000 for the purchase and first year’s operational costs of a Sentimag System for the treatment of breast cancer.
We are so grateful to everyone who donated and came out to our holiday events!
2022 Light the Trees Holiday Party
Thank you so much to everyone who came out for the Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation’s Light the Trees holiday party on December 13, 2022! We had a wonderful time enjoying hot chocolate and treats, we received a very generous $5,000 donation for the future High Acuity Unit from the Nanaimo Airport Commission, and capped the evening off with a beautiful performance of Christmas carols sung by the Tidesmen Chorus. We gratefully received several toy donations for our Paediatrics Department toy drive and gave out prizes from Pepsico as well! It was so wonderful to see our community come out and support the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital. Special thanks to Code Brew Café and My Hubby’s Bagels for supplying the hot chocolate and treats, Pepsico for supplying draw prizes, and the Wenner Group for providing the fabulous lights for the hospital!
From all of us at the Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation, we wish everyone a happy and safe holiday.